Hey there, dedicated Florida Social Worker! 🌴 So, you’ve been making waves in the field, helping countless individuals and communities.
But, wait a minute! Isn’t it time to think about those continuing education credits and license renewal? We’ve got your back. This guide will walk you through the maze of Social Work Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements for Florida.
Did you know? Agents of Change Continuing Education offers Unlimited Access to 150+ CE courses for one low annual fee to meet Florida’s requirements for Continuing Education credits.
We’ve helped thousands of Social Workers with Continuing Education, learn more here about Agents of Change and claim your free CEUs.
1) The Basics of Social Work Continuing Education and License Renewal in Florida
Florida, with its sun-kissed beaches and vibrant communities, isn’t just about fun in the sun. When it comes to Social Work, the state means business!
Why Continuing Education?
- Professional Growth: It’s all about staying updated! The field of Social Work is always changing and you wouldn’t want to be left behind, would you?
- State Requirements: Florida, like many states, mandates continuing education to ensure its Social Workers are top-notch.
- Ethical Practice: It’s not just about checking off requirements. Continuing education helps ensure that you’re providing the best possible care to your clients.
How Many Credits Do I Need?
Florida requires Social Workers to complete a specific number of continuing education credits every two years. Here’s the breakdown:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers: 25 general hours, 2 Medical errors hours, 3 Ethics and Boundaries or Telehealth hours, 3 Laws and Rules hours, 2 Domestic Violence hours, 4 Qualified Supervisor Training hours.
- Certified Master Social Workers: 25 general hours, 2 Medical errors hours, 3 Ethics and Boundaries, 3 Laws and Rules hours, 2 Domestic Violence hours.
Agents of Change Continuing Education offers Unlimited Access to 150+ CE courses for one low annual fee to meet your state’s requirements for Continuing Education credits.
2) Navigating License Renewal in Florida
Alright, so you’ve got your credits. What’s next? It’s renewal time!
Key Dates to Remember
- Initial License Expiry:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker: Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on March 31, 2025.
- Certified Master Social Worker: Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on March 31, 2025.
- Watch the Mail for a Renewal Notification!
- At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record.
- You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew.
- Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status.
- Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
The Renewal Process
- Check Your Credits: Ensure you’ve completed the required continuing education credits.
- Application: Head over to the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling to start your renewal process.
- Fees: Ah, the inevitable fees! Make sure you’ve got the necessary amount ready for the renewal.
- Wait for Approval: Once everything’s submitted, it’s a waiting game.
Agents of Change Continuing Education also offers Unlimited Access to 150+ Online Social Work ACE-approved courses for one low annual fee. We’ve helped thousands of Social Workers with Continuing Education, learn more here about Agents of Change.
3) Key Resources for Florida Social Workers
- Continuing Education Credits: Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling
- Renewal Dates & Timelines: Florida’s License Renewal Portal
- State FAQs: Florida’s FAQ Section for Social Workers
- State Requirements: Florida’s Official State Requirements for Social Workers
4) FAQs – Social Work Continuing Education and Renewal Requirements in Florida
Q: I’ve heard there are specific topics or areas I need to cover in my continuing education credits. What are they?
A: You’re spot on! Florida has designated certain areas as mandatory for continuing education. These typically include topics like ethics in Social Work, domestic violence awareness, and laws and rules updates specific to Florida Social Work.
It’s crucial to check the Florida Board’s website for the most up-to-date list of mandatory topics.
ACE-approved courses like those offered by Agents of Change are accepted by Florida.
Q: I’ve got more than the required continuing education credits this cycle. Can I carry them over to the next?
A: Great enthusiasm there! However, Florida typically doesn’t allow for carry-over of excess credits to the next renewal cycle. The idea is to ensure that professionals are continuously updating their knowledge.
So, while those extra credits won’t count for your next renewal, they certainly contribute to your expertise and preparedness in the field!
Q: I’m a bit confused about the difference between ‘contact’ and ‘non-contact’ hours. Can you clarify?
A: Absolutely, it can be a tad confusing! ‘Contact’ hours refer to real-time, interactive learning experiences. This could be in-person seminars, workshops, or live webinars where you can interact with the instructor or peers.
‘Non-contact’ hours, on the other hand, refer to self-paced learning activities. These might include recorded lectures, readings, or online courses without real-time interaction.
Florida has specific requirements for how many of your continuing education credits need to be ‘contact’ versus ‘non-contact’, so be sure to check the specifics on the Florida Board’s website. Balancing the two ensures a mix of interactive learning and self-paced education!
Need to close a credit gap quickly? Agents of Change Continuing Education offers Unlimited Access to 150+ Online Social Work ACE-approved courses that are valid in Florida.
Navigating the world of Social Work Continuing Education and License Renewal Requirements for Florida might seem daunting, but with the right resources and a sprinkle of determination, it’s a breeze!
Learn more about Agents of Change Continuing Education. We’ve helped thousands of Social Workers with their Continuing Education and want you to be next!
► Learn more about the Agents of Change Continuing Education here: https://agentsofchangetraining.com
About the Instructor, Meagan Mitchell: Meagan is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and has been providing Continuing Education for Social Workers for more than 8 years. From all of this experience helping others pass their exams, she created Agents of Change Continuing Education to help Social Workers stay up-to-date on the latest trends, research, and techniques.
#socialwork #socialworker #socialwork #socialworklicense #socialworklicensing #continuinged #continuingeducation #ce #socialworkce #freecesocialwork #lmsw #lcsw
Disclaimer: This content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or clinical advice, diagnosis, or treatment