Earlier this year, we wrote about important ASWB changes coming in 2024, notably:
- PSI Replacing Pearson as the Exam Administrator
- PSI Taking on Responsibility for Exam Development
- Scholarship Fund To Be Created for Repeat Test Takers
- Remote Testing Option with Secure Online Proctoring Coming in Late 2024
We wanted to share several other key updates with you from the ASWB, shared originally in November 2023.
Learn more about the ASWB exam and create a personalized ASWB study plan with Agents of Change. We’ve helped thousands of Social Workers pass their ASWB exams and want to help you be next!
1) 2024 ASWB Exam Updates
Scheduling and Registration with PSI
2) How to Register with PSI for ASWB Exam
ASWB Exam Prerequisites
Before you dive into the registration process, let’s go over the basics. You must meet certain requirements to be eligible to register for the ASWB exam. Here they are:
- Degree: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Professional Experience: Depending on the level of the exam, some amount of professional social work experience might be required. Make sure to double-check!
- Age: You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legality: No past criminal convictions.
Step-by-Step Registration Guide
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register for the ASWB Exam:
- Ensure your Eligibility: Before anything else, confirm you meet the eligibility criteria for the exam you’re eyeing. This information is available on the official ASWB website.
- Reach out to your Jurisdiction’s Social Work Board: The next step is to contact your jurisdiction’s social work regulatory board. You’ll need to apply for their approval to sit the exam. Find your state’s Social Work board here.
- Get your Authorization to Test (ATT): If your application is approved, you’ll receive an Authorization to Test (ATT).
- Pay your Exam Fee: With the ATT in hand, it’s time to shell out for the exam fee. You can pay online through the ASWB website.
- Schedule your Exam: Last but not least, choose a date and time slot for your exam via PSI’s (test administrator) scheduling service. You will have the best opportunity to schedule your preferred date if you schedule four to six weeks prior to your preferred date. This will help to ensure that you get the location, date, and time that you want and are able to take the exam within the time limits of your authorization. If you do not take your exam by the expiration date listed on your Authorization to Test email, you will forfeit your exam fee.
Next up? Selecting the right study materials to prepare for your exam. Agents of Change offers comprehensive study packages and practice exams to help you pass your ASWB! Learn more about Agents of Change here.
3) FAQs – 2024 ASWB Exam Changes
Q: What if I Need to Reschedule or Cancel my ASWB Testing Appointment?
A: If you need to cancel or reschedule your testing appointment, you must follow these cancellation/rescheduling guidelines to avoid forfeiting your examination fee.
- If your appointment is scheduled at a test center in the United States, Canada, or the U.S. territories, you may cancel or reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours before the appointment time at the ASWB portal on the PSI website or by calling the PSI Candidate Services Center at 800.367.1565, ext. 6750, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- If your testing appointment was made with nonstandard testing arrangements, please see your Authorization to Test email regarding canceling and rescheduling your appointment. You will need to cancel or reschedule by calling the PSI Candidate Services Center at 800.367.1565, ext. 6750, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- If your nonstandard testing arrangements include assistive personnel (reader, scribe, or American Sign Language interpreter), we request that you provide two business days’ notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- If you are scheduled to test on a Monday or Tuesday, you must call to cancel or reschedule your appointment before 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time on the Friday before your appointment.
Q: What Are the Major Changes Coming to the ASWB Exam in 2024?
A: In 2024, the ASWB exam will undergo significant changes, including PSI replacing Pearson as the exam administrator and taking on responsibility for exam development. A new scholarship fund will be created for repeat test takers, and a remote testing option with secure online proctoring will be introduced in late 2024. It’s also important to note that while the exam questions and scoring remain the same, the testing platform will shift to PSI’s system starting January 2, 2024.
Q: How Do I Register for the ASWB Exam with PSI, and What Are the Key Dates to Remember?
A: To register for the ASWB exam with PSI, ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, including having the required degree, professional experience, age, and legal requirements. Next, obtain approval from your jurisdiction’s social work board and receive an Authorization to Test (ATT). Pay the exam fee via the ASWB website and then schedule your exam through PSI’s scheduling service. Remember that registrations for PSI test centers are accepted from November 1, 2023, onwards, and no testing appointments will be available between December 16 and December 31, 2023.
► Learn more about the Agents of Change course here: https://agentsofchangeprep.com
About the Instructor, Meagan Mitchell: Meagan is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and has been providing individualized and group test prep for the ASWB for over five years. From all of this experience helping others pass their exams, she created the Agents of Change course to help you prepare for and pass the ASWB exam!
Find more from Agents of Change here:
► Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aswbtestprep
► Podcast: https://anchor.fm/agents-of-change-sw
#socialwork #testprep #aswb #socialworker #socialwork #socialworktest #socialworkexam #exam #socialworktestprep #socialworklicense #socialworklicensing #licsw #lmsw #lcsw #aswbexam #aswb #lcswexam #lmswexam #aswbtestprep #aswbtest #lcswtestprep #lcswtest #lmswtestprep #lmswtest #aswbcourse #learningstyles #learningstyle
Disclaimer: This content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or clinical advice, diagnosis, or treatment