Top 5 Exam Study Tips
Before you take your LCSW, LMSW, LSW exam, make sure that you check out my top 5 tips for preparing for and passing your test.
Top 5 Tips
- Organize your materials: There is a LOT of content out there, take the time upfront to organize yourself and your study approach to save you time later in the future. Organize the materials in a way that makes sense to you.
- Make a plan and stick to it: Start with a “backward plan” that begins with your test date on the calendar and then work your way backward. At the beginning of the journey, you will want to focus more on content, and at the end of your journey, you want to focus more on practice questions.
- Break up your studying: Studies has proven that after 2 hours of studying, your brain is not able to retain information well. Take a break, take time away from the material and come back again when you are fresh!
- Test and assess your progress: Use practice questions and the ASWB practice exam to judge your progress towards your study goals.
- Develop and improve critical thinking skills: Memorization of the content is not enough to pass this exam! You need to be able to apply critical thinking skills to new scenarios and new vignettes in order to pass.
Learn more about these tips in the video below.
► Learn more about the Agents of Change course here: https://agentsofchangeprep.com
About the Instructor, Meagan Mitchell: Meagan is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and has been providing individualized and group test prep for the ASWB for over five years. From all of this experience helping others pass their exams, she created the Agents of Change course to help you prepare for and pass the ASWB exam!
Find more from Agents of Change here:
► Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aswbtestprep
► Podcast: https://anchor.fm/agents-of-change-sw
#socialwork #testprep #aswb #socialworker #socialwork #socialworktest #socialworkexam #exam #socialworktestprep #socialworklicense #socialworklicensing #licsw #lmsw #lcsw #aswbexam #aswb #lcswexam #lmswexam #aswbtestprep #aswbtest #lcswtestprep #lcswtest #lmswtestprep #lmswtest #aswbcourse #learningstyles #learningstyle
Disclaimer: This content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or clinical advice, diagnosis, or treatment