Freud’s Psychosocial Stages on the ASWB Exam
Freud is a popular topic on the ASWB exam, make sure you understand his perspective on psychological development, fixations, psychosexual energy (libido) before your LCSW, LMSW, or LSW test day.
Stages of Psychosocial Development – According to Freud:
- Oral Stage: 0-18 months. An infant’s gratification comes from stimulation from the mouth
- Anal Stage: 18 months – 3 years. Gratification comes from the anus and bladder.
- Phallic Stag: 3 years to 6 years. Children are becoming more interested and exploring their bodies, with an emphasis on their genitals.
- Latent Stage: 6 years – puberty. The libido becomes subdued. Children are more focused on hobbies, school, and interacting with their friends.
- Genital Stage: Puberty – end of life. Onset of puberty is different for every adult. Begin to engage in physically and emotionally intimate relationships.
Learn more about these stages and Freud in the video below. Also included, is a practice question to help test your understanding.
Learn more about my course here: https://www.topsocialworktestprep.com
A little bit about me: I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and I have been providing individualized and group test prep for the ASWB for over three years. From all of this experience helping others pass their exams, I have created a course to help you prepare for and pass the ASWB exam!
Find more from Agents of Change here:
► Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aswbtestprep
► Podcast: https://anchor.fm/agents-of-change-sw
#socialwork #testprep #aswb #socialworker #socialwork #socialworktest #socialworkexam #exam #socialworktestprep #socialworklicense #socialworklicensing #licsw #lmsw #lcsw #aswbexam #aswb #lcswexam #lmswexam #aswbtestprep #aswbtest #lcswtestprep #lcswtest #lmswtestprep #lmswtest #aswbcourse
Disclaimer: This video content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical or clinical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.